The Drawing of Pools for the #EuroSittingVolley will take place on Saturday 29th July at 11.00 at the Hotel Albatros in Poreč (CRO) and will be streamed live for the first time in the history of the competition on the following link:
Below is a comprehensive explanation of how the draw will be decided.
The competition system of the Tournament is as follows with the home team being seeded number 1.
Women’s Competition Format:
- Preliminary pools: the two preliminary pools play round robin.
- Pool A = Seeded 1 – 4 – and 2 teams by draw.
- Pool B = Seeded 2 – 3 – and 3 teams by draw
(Seeds 2-4 are filled based on the PVE Rankings as at 1st July 2017)
- Semi-finals and finals:
- The Pool Winners advance to the Semi-Finals
- Team 2A plays team 3B and team 2B plays team 3A for a place in the semi-finals
- The losers of the playoffs play each other for the 5-6 places
- The 4th and 5th place teams play round-robin for the 7-9 places
Men’s Competition Format
- Preliminary pools: four preliminary pools play round robin.
- Pool A = Seeded 1 – 8 – and 1 team by draw.
- Pool B = Seeded 2 – 7 – and 2 teams by draw.
- Pool C = Seeded 3 – 6 – and 2 teams by draw.
- Pool D = Seeded 4 – 5 – and 1 team by draw.
(Seeds 2-8 are filled from the PVE Rankings as at 1st July 2017)
- Quarter-finals, Semi-finals and Finals
- The Pool Winners advance to the Quarter-Finals
- The 2nd place teams are drawn into the Quarter-Finals but not against the same pool (1A cannot play 2A)
- The remaining teams will play to determine place 5 to 8 and 9 to 14.
DRAWING OF LOTS AND DISTRIBUTION OF TEAMS
The Drawing of pools and distribution of teams will be done by the LOC and will be observed by PVE Sport Department on 29th July 2017 in order to complete the lists below:
The Women’s teams to be drawn into the A3 or B3 or A4 or B4 or B5 slots are:
The Men’s teams to be drawn into A3 or B3 or C3 or D3 slots (ranked teams) are:
Turkey and Georgia will be drawn into either B4 or C4 slots since they have no PVE Ranking.
For additional information or questions, please contact the Sport Director.